Project associate. Shark conservation programme
Open Position: Project Associate
No. of position: 2
Project Name: Shark Conservation Program
Location: Bangalore or any other field location along the Indian coastline or islands.
Work experience: A minimum 2-3 years of experience in conducting inter-disciplinary biological or socio-economic work.
About the project: The Shark Conservation Project aims at strengthening the conservation status of sharks and rays by addressing knowledge gaps and implementing effective strategies towards conservation of sharks and rays.
Required Qualification, Skills & Abilities:
- Post-graduate degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Wildlife Sciences, Marine Biology, Social Sciences Conservation Biology or allied disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and any one coastal language.
- Sensitivity in working with fishing communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience in drafting proposals, report writing or other forms of written communication such as academic or popular articles.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of handling, analyzing and visualizing data using GIS and basic data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel, R, SPSS etc.
- Highly motivated with good understanding of the various issues and policies related to conservation and management of marine biodiversity.
- Experience in conducting outreach programs and workshops for relevant stakeholders is desirable.
- A valid Driving License is desirable.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Providing technical and strategic inputs and implement relevant activities towards achieving the project objectives
- Responsible for activity planning and implementation for relevant project.
- Developing and sustaining alliances with relevant stakeholders such as local communities, NGOs, State and Central Government agencies and other relevant institutions.
- Liaising with State Forest, Fisheries and Tourism Departments, and the relevant Ministries to facilitate collaborative efforts, statutory clearance and compliances.
- Collecting and analyzing data and providing inputs on the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Assist in preparation & development of reports, WCS-India’s internal publications and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of awareness/capacity building presentations to the academic community, government agencies, other stakeholders and existing or potential private sector donors as required.
Compensation: Offered as per the qualification and experience.
To apply: Please send together in one file cover letter and updated resume. Submit your application use position title “Project Associate-S&R, Bengaluru” in the subject line and send us on email@example.com All applications will be reviewed however only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.