Whitley Fund for Nature: Application to the Whitley Awards 2021 is now open! Are you a grassroots conservation leader who would benefit from further funding, training and profile (or do you know of someone who would)? Calling conservationists across the global south to spread the word and apply by 31 October 2020.
What is a Whitley Award?
Whitley Awards are available to grassroots conservation leaders working across the Global South. The awards support dynamic, mid-career conservationists who are seeking to scale up effective community-based projects that would benefit from further funding, recognition and international support. These coveted prizes are won competitively following assessment by an expert panel and are presented by the Whitley Fund for Nature's Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, at an annual ceremony.
- £40,000 in project funding over one year.
- International spotlight on their work.
- Training in communications.
- Tailor-made films, PR assistance and publicity materials.
- Membership of a collaborative network of over 200 alumni in 80 countries.
- The chance to apply for further funding, with eligibility for WFN’s Continuation Funding and Gold Award programmes.
Applications for the Whitley Awards 2021 close at midnight GMT on 31st October 2020. We hope to hold our annual awards ceremony in London in spring 2021, as part of a week of training and networking for our Whitley Award 2021 winners. However, if COVID-19 and government advice prevent us coming together in person we will hold virtual events in their place.