Salary: 52,000 - $56,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Administrative experience: 2 years (Required)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Wildlife Conservation Network (WCN) is a rapidly growing leader in wildlife conservation, working in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. WCN uses its collaborative, entrepreneurial, innovative, and philanthropically generous approach to wildlife conservation to reverse crises facing threatened species. In support of WCN’s mission to protect endangered wildlife by supporting conservationists who ensure wildlife and people coexist and thrive, WCN has two main conservation strategies:
1. Conservation Partner Support: Develop and support a strong network of highly effective conservationists worldwide to maximize conservation impacts across a diverse set of species. WCN identifies and supports these entrepreneurial leaders with access to donors and a range of resources and tools they need to be successful, including financial and technical investments.
2. Wildlife Funds: Implement Wildlife Funds to enhance range-wide impact for select species, through catalytic project level investments in the best ideas.
WCN’s dedicated and diverse team values the people and relationships behind conservation as much as the science and strategy to save wildlife. We are looking for a highly organized individual that can provide administrative and coordination support across the WCN Conservation Programs Team. Their attention to detail and management of critical processes will enhance the institutional and technical capacity of each organization in the WCN Network.
At the highest level, this position provides critical functional and coordination support to WCN’s Conservation Programs Team. The person in this position will be responsible for project management and administrative tasks to keep the CPT organized and efficient, and help improve integration across WCN departments. They will provide critical backfill for unanticipated CPT needs, including support for upcoming programmatic expansions. They will be accountable for the compliance-related aspects of WCN’s network of field conservation programs, and responsible for liaising between such programs and WCN’s Finance Team to ensure timeliness and accuracy across granting activities. They will also be responsible for managing internal systems to track the onboarding, fundraising status, and reporting requirements across the WCN network.
Like all staff, the position will engage with WCN leadership in broadening and deepening our donor support for WCN Partners, Wildlife Funds, as well as broader WCN needs.
Conservation Program Team (CPT) Administration (35%)
Coordination and Support
- Administrative and coordination support for upcoming programmatic expansions across Partner, Fund, and other grantmaking initiatives
- Coordination across CPT and broader WCN team as needed, including design and logistics of CPT meetings and determining team coverage for donor communications during critical fundraising periods
- Provide critical backfill for unanticipated CPT-related needs through ad hoc projects, especially during periods of high need (e.g., events, campaigns, program launches)
Organizational Back-End Administration
- Support Program-related data input into Salesforce, in coordination with Conservation Network Manager and Salesforce Systems Administrator
- Manage WCN Partner Resource website, in coordination with Conservation Network Manager and WCN Communications Team
- Manage existing internal system for onboarding of fiscally-sponsored organizations in coordination across Finance, Donor Engagement, and Communications Teams
Compliance and Financial Services (30%)
Agreements and Reporting
- Manage agreements and compliance documentation supporting WCN’s conservation network, including Memoranda of Understanding, Fiscal Sponsorship Agreements, Key Persons Lists, Non-Profit Equivalency Forms
- Collect programmatic and financial reporting from Partners, non-partners, fiscally sponsored organizations, and grantees, including the development and management of a reporting schedule to support the schedules and timelines of network organizations
- Liaise with WCN Finance Department on all incoming and outgoing grant and payment requests for Partner and non-Partner funds transfers and grants, including invoicing of relevant payees and the collection of relevant banking information
- Provide customer-driven support to WCN’s network of fiscally-sponsored organizations and grantees in all interactions, including financial services support, reporting management, and discretionary grant payments
Capacity Building and Network Services (25%)
WCN Wildlife Expo
- Logistical support on the planning, scheduling, and execution of annual training workshops
- Logistical support across Expo-related activities, including liaising with Partner, Grantee, and Guest Speaker participants, and other event-related support tasks
- Manage the deployment of funds from WCN’s Conservation Acceleration Fund (CAF), Emergency Relief Fund (ERF), and other grant-making mechanisms as relevant, including streamlining the application, reporting, and tracking of CAF/ERF requests, expenditures, and balances
- Manage network-related subscription services, including coordination with Finance Team for payments and renewals
- Serve as Program Manager for at least 1-2 WCN Partners or Programs (e.g., liaising and advocacy between WCN and field projects)
Fundraising and Communications (10%)
- Monitor up-to-date funds balances for Partners and relevant initiatives to support and inform fundraising recommendations and donor communications
- Support Conservation Program Team directors in the stewardship and development of institutional and conservation partnerships
- As with all WCN staff, support fundraising efforts for Conservation Partners, Wildlife Funds, Network organizations, and other WCN initiatives, including personal interactions with supporters, support for institutional fundraising efforts, and the delivery of information, stories, and reports that compel deeper and continued support by donors
- Coordinate between WCN Conservation Programs and Communication Teams, including liaising with Communications Team to manage conservation-related collateral, participation in Communication Team meetings, and copy drafting/editing as needed
- Assist Conservation Network Manager and Conservation Funds Manager in gathering information for Partner Impact Pages, Fund websites, and other communications (e.g., Annual Report, website, newsletters)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative or project management experience
- Strong communication skills, highly organized, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in databases such as Salesforce, Airtable, and Google Sheets
- Ability to absorb and process large amounts of information (e.g., reports) and distill the most relevant points for consumption
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across different cultures, with a strong client-driven and donor-driven ethic
- Capacity to operate in and enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented culture, and flexibility to work with shifting priorities and dynamic needs
- Strong natural alignment with WCN’s Core Values and integrity beyond reproach
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for conservation a must
This is a full-time position that will include health and retirement benefits. Candidates local to the San Francisco Bay Area preferred, but remote candidates will be considered within a 3-hour time zone difference from San Francisco.
This position reports to the Director of Conservation Partnerships. Depending on a successful candidate’s skills and interests, there is the opportunity to expand this position into other substantive programmatic and communication-related responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $56,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Our office is working remotely during the pandemic and follows all state and local requirements.