Being a WildHub Community Advocate has opened up opportunities to connect with others who want to make a positive impact on the world”. (Lara Reden, WildHub Community Advocate since 2021).
Are you interested in supporting our global, member-led community of conservation professionals? By becoming a WildHub Community Advocate, you have the opportunity to help conservationists connect with each other, share their work challenges and come up with creative solutions. Our Community Advocates are volunteers who help keep community membership free. We are now recruiting!
- Position Type: Unpaid, voluntary position, which will help us provide WildHub memberships against no costs
- Location: Home based anywhere in the world
- Requirements: Access to a laptop/PC and internet connection
- Hours: Up to the WildHub Community Advocate, weekly
- Duration: Up to the WildHub Community Advocate or WildTeam, minimum of 6 months preferred
- Proposed start date: As soon as possible
A little time goes a long way. Even if you only have ten minutes to spare, it can make a difference on the platform. By offering thoughtful responses to content, you open the community to a new perspective and have the potential to start a conversation” (Lara Reden, WildHub Community Advocate).
The focus of the WildHub Community Advocate will be to support the WildHub Team in growing the WildHub community, maintaining and improving the online platform, and encouraging engagement within the community. The work will be done remotely, and requires access to a laptop/PC and internet connection.
WildHub Community Advocate activities could include:
- Promoting WildHub members and community content through WildHub’s Facebook page, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts;
- Engaging WildHub members; helping them find direct value in joining our global community of 3000 members across 140 different countries;
- Moderating content; locating content to suitable channels and rooms and ensuring that members follow our community and contributor guidelines;
- Assisting in the answering of member questions and requests;
- Assisting in organising and implementing WildHub events and collaborative events with partners.
The most important qualities we look for in our WildHub Community Advocates is the “one team” approach. We select people who are highly motivated in achieving WildHub's goal, think of and/or positively participate in activities that bind the community together, help and respect others, adhere to WildHub’s values and actively encourage diversity (e.g. in thoughts and actions).
I'm always looking for ways to make a positive difference and would like to help others do the same” (Lara Reden, WildHub Community Advocate).
How to apply
Please complete the application form [open in new tab here or complete form below]. If selected, we will contact you to arrange an online interview and meet the team.