Week 2 check-in PMWC 🦚
A hello from me to see how you are doing
I hope you are all well. How are your weeks going? I want to check in with you and see how you are all getting on. How are you finding the materials for this week? A few things I would like to share with you:
QUICK POLL 🐷
Which of the following would help you achieve more conservation impact over the course of your career?
Please comment below and add extra options you think are missing.
CONSERVATION OPTIMISM PODCAST 🐵
Some of you may have seen this, the Conservation Optimism movement now has a podcast! See here. In the first episode the talk to Caleb Ofori-Boateng about his inspiring work conserving amphibians in Ghana. I also really like the Conservation Careers podcast. Do you have any podcast recommendations?
GROUP AGREEMENT 🐘
Below is our group agreement, a combination of your suggestions about ways we can make this training more enjoyable and impactful. For some reason I can't upload an image, so will just type it. If you would ever like to add or take anything away from this please say - this is your group agreement, it applies to Matthew and me too. We both agreed this was the best group agreement we've had. We are of course all adults, so we are free to do as we wish (unless it is negatively impacting others).
- Step forward and step back (consider how much you are contributing - it might need be time to speak less or time to make a contribution)
- Don't yuck other's yum (being respectful of other's opinions, even if you may disagree)
- Be understanding of interruptions (kids, pets etc.)
- Celebrate diversity
- Celebrate biodiversity
- Be polite
- Have fun
- Listen to each other and support each other
- Make the most of networking opportunities
- No such thing as stupid questions
- Make space for thinking and reflecting
I hope you are having good weeks.
All the best,