Seeking Field Experience OR Program/Project Management and Research Roles
I'm seeking a new role to utilize my existing conservation experience and gain more in wildlife conservation, community conservation, human- wildlife conflict and related.
I obtained MSc in Biodiversity Conservation in 2020 but most research and field work was cancelled so I've had trouble getting out of fundraising roles and into programmatic roles.
I'm mission driven, result oriented and culturally aware with proven experience delivering impact through strategic partnerships, planning and project management. Natural relationship builder, skilled at partner engagement and bringing stakeholders to consensus. Experience planning community conservation, human-wildlife conflict projects. Diplomatic, organized project manager with excellent communication, negotiation, strategic planning and budgeting skills.
Most recent field experience in Oct-Nov 2020, Kasanka National Park, Zambia
- Community conservation project planning
- Human-wildlife conflict mitigation through bee keeping, chili fencing, land-use planning, education
- Funding strategic planning, scoping for long-term funding mechanisms including Project Finance for Permanence(PFP) ecotourism, ecosystem services markets
- Operational and board governance, proposal and report writing
- Women empowerment through entrepreneurial training for crafts
- Track, mitigate illegal poaching, fishing and land clearing through geographic mapping with volunteer Ecoguards
- Wildlife Research: developed elephant ID database, camera trapping for fruit bat migration counts and emergence patterns, baboon behavior observations for Kasanka Baboon Project
Please contact me if interested in collaborating or have role to discuss. Thank you!