Please answer the five questions below in your introduction post:
- Why did you join WildHub?
- What is your current position in conservation (e.g. student, professional, looking for work, career-switcher)?
- In which country are you based?
- Which connections are you hoping to gain?
- What do you hope to learn and/or contribute to the WildHub community?
Steps of publishing your introduction explained:
- To publish your post, login and go to the dashboard on your homepage. There will be a 'pin' icon that you can click on. Alternatively, go to 'contribute' in the right upper corner and click on 'create a post', followed by 'new post' (green button).
- Start typing your title, subtitle and text. You can add pictures and links or embed videos and podcasts if you like. In any case, I would recommend adding a poster image (on your right-hand side) which provides a 'backdrop' and makes your title and post stand out more. I usually take a scenic picture or wildlife picture, just see what works for you. A good free resource of pictures is unsplash.com.
- Under the poster image option, you can select 'badges' (which are tags that show up in your poster image). Please select "introduction".
- Underneath that, you will find 'channels' and 'rooms' that you can select and your post will show up there. For a general introduction blog to WildHub, please select the room "Let's welcome new members!". Equally, if you are invited to introduce yourself as part of a private network room or training room, select that corresponding room and your post will show up there only, so it will only be visible to other members of that private room.
- Click save; not until you click save will it allow you to move to 'schedule' or 'publish now'. You can also preview your post (button can be found next to schedule). The process works the same for publishing a video or pdf document. Just go to 'contribute' and click on 'create a video' or 'create a document' (pdfs only).
If you have any questions, let me know by posting a comment below.
Please sign in or register for FREE
If you are a registered user on WildHub, please sign in
My name is Victor Ayegba Mathew from Nigeria. I read Environmental Science during my undergraduate studies. Since I love teaching, my goal is to integrate environmental Science into the educational system and I am currently an Environmental Educator.
To me, this journey is such a beautiful journey of learning and impacting the lives of young minds across Nigeria. As a two times ambassador for climate change education in Nigeria, I have been involved in other projects such as Plant A Birthday Tree Campaign, Plastic Creativity, Storytelling Clubs , and many more in schools across Nigeria.
I got introduced to this community by a friend and I am so glad to connect to this wonderful community from Nigeria. It's my desire to learn and also contribute my quota to making this community great. I love teamwork and I am hopeful that this will become a reality.
Hi Victor, thanks for adding your comment. Please could you add your introduction as a post to our "Let's welcome new members" room? This way, our members will be notified of your post and will be able to welcome you to our community and get to know you. Please follow the above instructions on how to publish your introduction post in this room (video and written instructions can be found in the above post). Let me know if you have any questions.
My name is Nishchal Mahato kushwaha and I am from Nepal. I am a student of bachelor of forestry.i want to contribute in wildlife conservation in future. I hope I will get some important knowledge in this community so I can apply in my conservation career. If I get some good information from this community then I will tell my friend to join this community.
Hi Nishchal, thanks for adding your comment. Please could you add your introduction as a post to our "Let's welcome new members" room? This way, our members will be notified of your post and will be able to welcome you to our community and get to know you. Please follow the above instructions on how to publish your introduction post in this room (video and written instructions can be found in the above post). Let me know if you have any questions and great to read that you will introduce your friend to our community, once you've experienced the benefits of your membership.
Hi conservation leaders,
I am Damilare Ayokunle, a PhD student and assistant lecturer currently based in Nigeria. I work at Bowen University Iwo Nigeria. My love for conservation has led to my research interest in bat ecology and conservation. It's been interesting so far and I hope to broaden and sharpen my skills in this regards.
It's nice to be here.
Hi Damilare, thanks for adding your comment. Please could you add your introduction as a post to our "Let's welcome new members" room? This way, our members will be notified of your post and will be able to welcome you to our community and get to know you. Please follow the above instructions on how to publish your introduction post in this room (video and written instructions can be found in the above post). Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi everyone, I'm Faisal from Ghana. I'm passionate about conservation and I consider my self an environmental Social Scientist. I work with the Ghana Wildlife Society as the Development and Policy Manager where I provide leadership in conservation education, campaigns and Policy advocacy and communications. I also provide support in donor reporting, project monitoring and fundraising. I obtained my master's degree in Integrated Water Management from Monash University South Africa campus and a bachelor's degree in Geography from Knust in Ghana.
I'll love to connect with conservationist around the world, share ideas and make friends.
My name is Constance Danai Mangwanya from Zimbabwe.I am an undergrad student at Africa University Zimbabwe currently studying Natural Resources and specialising in Wildlife.My goal is to spread wildlife conservation throughout the world.My passion and desire for wildlife is for society to be able to appreciate and love as well as to conserve nature and its wildlife thus I have decided to embark on this journey.I can't wait to share this experience with my family and friends as well .
In Harmony with Nature!
Hey everyone! I'm Joyce, a final-year student at African Leadership University specializing in Wildlife Conservation. I'm passionate about protecting our precious natural world and finding sustainable solutions to global challenges. That's why I joined WildHub, a vibrant community of conservation enthusiasts like yourselves!
Currently, I'm a dedicated student eager to learn and grow in the field of conservation. Being based in Rwanda, a country known for its rich biodiversity and innovative conservation efforts, I'm excited to connect with fellow conservationists from diverse backgrounds.
In this WildHub community, I hope to forge meaningful connections with like-minded individuals, from professionals to students, who share a common goal of making a positive impact on our planet. I'm eager to learn from your experiences, gain insights into cutting-edge conservation practices, and contribute my own perspectives and ideas to the community.
Let's embark on this conservation journey together and create a better future for wildlife and our planet. Looking forward to connecting with you all.