Are you more at home in the water than on land? Would you like to study the life in our oceans and seas, from microscopic algae and plankton to whale sharks and blue whales? Find out how to become a marine biologist and dive into an exciting career!
As a marine biologist, you could help us better understand marine life; create more sustainable fisheries; manage the impact of climate change, marine plastic pollution and other human activities on species and ecosystems; encourage others to protect our oceans, and much more.
Whether you’re studying, switching careers or simply exploring potential career paths, this guide will help you understand what marine biologists do, and how you can become one.
In it you'll find:
- What does a marine biologist do?
- Where do marine biologists work?
- What is a typical marine biologist job description?
- How much money does a marine biologist make?
- What is the job demand for marine biologists?
- What are marine biologist education requirements?
- How do I get a marine biology degree?
- What are the top marine biologist skills?
- What societies and professional organisations of marine biologists exist?
Check out How to become a marine biologist, or feel free to share!