ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to support research and the development of innovative data approaches, algorithm integration, tools, models, and analytics to assess the performance and adoption of technology innovations in the WorldFish Sustainable Aquaculture and Small-Scale Fisheries Programs and related bilateral projects in the CGIAR research program on fish Agri-Food systems (FISH CRP).
The successful consultant will be responsible for:
• Contributing to R&D and data product development (pipelines, models, APIs, dashboards, reports).
• Exploring, cleaning, wrangling, and integrating data from multiple sources.
• Solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
• A Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Economics or similar discipline with an interest in aquaculture, sustainability, and environmental issues Candidates may also have a degree in Biology, Ecology, Agricultural or Environmental Sciences (or related discipline) with of data science skills.
• Strong programming skills in R.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with large, structured and unstructured datasets.
• Willingness to learn, develop and share as part of a distributed global team.
• Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and best practices (version control, code review, unit testing, continuous integration/delivery, etc.).
• A curious and enthusiastic mindset. Able to work autonomously, strong collaboration skills, and proactive communicator.
• A passion for lean, clean and maintainable code.
Time Frame and Location
The consultant will be working remotely. Due to the time zone difference, the successful candidate will have to be willing to work within the Asia-Pacific Region time zone. Interviews will be held virtually by early March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the virtual interview. The interview will consist of a short presentation by the applicant, followed by an interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence by 22 March 2021
For questions related to the role, please contact email@example.com