About the IUCN Leaders Forum
The IUCN Leaders Forum is an annual event, gathering leaders and changemakers from around the world, in-person, to discuss innovative solutions to critical global challenges, make bold commitments, build partnerships and catalyse action for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
This year the IUCN Leaders Forum will take place in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea, from 13-15 October 2022 and focus on ‘Building nature-positive economies and societies’.
This event will focus on three primary objectives:
- Convene influential and innovative leaders (government, private sector, civil society, sub-national authorities, other) with the aim of creating alliances and new partnerships, identifying innovative solutions, and advancing the international policy agenda on this issue;
- Create a space to discuss emerging issues and help shape future market forces on nature and climate-related issues;
- Offer a platform for young changemakers, to increase awareness of their actions and connect with potential collaborators from the public and private sector to further develop their projects.
What will IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers receive?
- Delegate access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea from 13 – 15 October 2022, including an exclusive opportunity to pitch your project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society.
- Hotel accommodation in Jeju from 12 – 16 October 2022.
- Return travel to Jeju Province, Republic of Korea.
- Meals and other expenses covered for the duration of stay in Jeju.
Who should apply?
You should apply to be an IUCN Leaders Forum Changemaker if you:
- Are aged 18 – 35*.
- Have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change and / or sustainable development.
- Are currently working on an innovative project that is or will contribute to building nature-positive societies and economies.
We especially encourage candidates whose projects foster equity, inclusivity, intergenerational collaboration, and / or adopt a human rights-based approach in the design and implementation of the project, to apply.
We are looking for a diverse pool of global changemakers to participate in the IUCN Leaders Forum. Youth from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply, as are youth from minority groups, indigenous peoples and local communities and young female leaders and innovators from around the world.
IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers will be selected by IUCN from a shortlist created by One Young World. Please complete the application form linked below to be considered for One Young World’s shortlist.
Please sign in or register for FREE
If you are a registered user on WildHub, please sign in
Thanks for sharing, @Flavia Martinelli!
Wow what an incredible opportunity @Flavia Martinelli Thank you so much for sharing this!