The Future Oceans’ workshops
The Future Oceans’ workshops are a two part series that builds a diverse and interdisciplinary network of early career ocean researchers interested in solutions that contribute to a sustainable ocean.
The Future Oceans’ workshops are a two part series that builds a diverse and interdisciplinary network of early career ocean researchers interested in solutions that contribute to a sustainable ocean. This workshop is the start of a longer conversation that we hope will grow to include working groups that will focus on initiatives that build their networks, add productive collaborations, and impactful outcomes.
Session #1 - SRI congress on Sunday June 13th at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM MDT
Session #2 - End of June (to be determined by participants)
SRI 2021 Future Oceans Goals:
1. Seeding a cohort of early career ocean professionals that will continue to work together
2. Identify initiatives to address collectively
3. Write a series of short commentaries on the priorities and perspectives of early career professionals to address the challenges of the UN Ocean Decade
4. Create a media product that will capture the diversity, expertise and energy of Future Ocean’s
1. International graduate school to early career stage professionals (post-doctoral researchers) working on Ocean Sustainability issues across fields and sectors.
2. Up to 20 selected international participants.
Interested applicants please complete your application by May 30th.
Any questions can be directed to Alfredo Giron Nava (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kirsten Rowell (email@example.com).