Jack Cole is the Project and Fundraising Coordinator at Restore Our Planet, a grant-making charity that invests in the protection and restoration of Britain’s natural habitat and environmental and biodiversity issues globally. He also hosts the Restore Our Planet Podcast, which was launched in August 2021.
Jack joined our community in September 2022 and straight-away joined our monthly WildHub socials. His participation in our Socials led to a fruitful collaboration between him and another WildHub member, @Ouma Oluoko, resulting in a podcast episode titled “New Horizons for Kenyan Conservation”.
Jack has since shared episodes telling the story of Chinedu Mogbo, who founded a Nigerian Wildlife Sanctuary and the social and economic challenges he is facing; his conversation with Alex Ngari to discuss the relationship, and sometimes conflict, between energy development and migratory birds across Africa; and he did a special podcast with COP27 in which he was joined by Solomon Adefolu and Ken Mwathe to discuss conservation in these times of energy uncertainty, severe drought and government hesitancy.
In the two episodes that followed, Jack focused on great ape conservation by interviewing Daniella Samura who works as Communication Officer at Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Sierra Leone, and a conversation with WildHub member @Lucy Radford, Engagement Manager at the Sumatran Orangutan Society here in the UK.
Jack continues to deliver episodes on a wide range of topics that are linked to nature conservation, please find the overview of these valuable resources below:
- Communicating the Conservation Crisis with WildHub member Giuseppe Forestieri
- Fighting Climate Change and fighting poverty in Uganda, with Advocacy and Project Manager, Carina Hirsch, and Midwife and Family Planning Coordinator, Uwimbabazi Sarah at the Margaret Pyke Trust.
- An interview with @Stephanie Fennessy, Executive Director of The Giraffe Conservation Foundation based in Namibia about their work that is having positive outcomes across 18 countries and over 100 million acres of giraffe habitat.
- Bringing home the Great Bustard, an episode with @David Waters, Executive Officer at the Great Bustard Group, in the UK.
- The Great Carbon Sink: Peat Bogs, in which Jack speaks with Re-Peat founder Bethany Copsey explaining the crucial role peat bogs play in our ecosystems.
- And the most recent, an Easter Special on the topic of Church and Conservation with Andy Lester.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can feature in a “Restore Our Planet” podcast with Jack see here.
“I'd spend all day interviewing park rangers all over the world if I could figure out how to do it! (Genuinely)” (Jack Cole, WildHub Conservation Creator)
We asked Jack what advice he would share with other members who would like to become a WildHub Conservation Creator.
Lize: “What benefits have you found from being a WildHub member?”
Jack: Access to resources and like-minded people with a range of skills.
Lize: “What helped you to contribute content on a regular basis and therefore helped you become a WildHub Conservation Creator?”
Jack: I felt that my podcast episodes might be something this community would be interested in.
Lize: “What advice would you give to other members who would like to become a WildHub Conservation Creator?”
Just post because people are kind and helpful! (Jack, WildHub Conservation Creator)
Congratulations Jack! Thank you for dedicated sharing of your podcast episodes with our WildHub community!
Please join me in congratulating Jack by adding your message to this post.
Have you benefited from Jack’s resources? Follow him on WildHub (profile here) and add how his contributions have made a difference to you in the comment section below.