Global Greengrants Fund is the leading environmental fund that supports grassroots action on a global scale. Utilising an activist-led grantmaking model, we channel grants to communities primarily in the global south to protect, restore and transform the Earth.
The mission of Global Greengrants Fund is to mobilise resources for communities worldwide to protect our shared planet and work toward to a more equitable world. Through our dynamic and responsive model we channel hundreds of grants each year to grassroots groups in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Pacific Islands. Our approach connects global philanthropic resources with locally led projects to support climate justice, local livelihoods, healthy communities and healthy ecosystems, the right to land, water and resources, and women’s environmental leadership.
The Grant and Report Writer will support the European arm of the global organisation to grow our grantmaking, raise essential funds for grassroots environmental initiatives, and communicate our impact, to help Global Greengrants Fund UK be an efficient and successful organisation.
The ideal candidate will be creative, efficient and organised, with excellent writing and analytical skills, including for fundraising purposes from UK and European funders. An active interest and passion for environmental and social justice is key to being successful in this role. The Grant and Report Writer will play a significant role in translating the vision and work of Global Greengrants into high quality grant proposals and reports. Experience in learning and evaluation processes would therefore be highly desirable.
This is an exciting time at Global Greengrants Fund UK as we enter the next phase of our growth, and at a time where grassroots climate and environmental movements are becoming more and more important to ensure a sustainable planet for us all. This role will significantly help shape how we communicate about our work and our ability to connect supporters in Europe with grassroots environmental activism. The position will report to the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with colleagues across Global Greengrants’ US and UK entities to create written deliverables for current and prospective individual, foundation, bilateral and corporate donors. Written materials may include letters of intent, concept notes, proposals, fundraising appeals, and reports.
- Project manage the entire process for written deliverables, including developing timelines, facilitating cross-team discussions; liaising with grants management, finance, and programmes to ensure writing deliverables satisfy donor needs; share written materials internally for further leveraging.
- Analyse grantee reports for success and progress stories, learning and reporting data
- Oversee a calendar of proposal and report deadlines, ensuring that donor needs are met effectively, efficiently, and on time.
- Assist Communications with the creation of external-facing documents.
- This role is envisaged as a member of staff, not a consultant, so attendance at staff meetings, presentations, etc will be required.
- Demonstrated experience in creative writing, communications and/or fundraising, as evidenced through the provision of writing samples.
- Excellent writing skills and track record of content creation.
- Experience in researching information from a variety of sources and distilling complex information in compelling ways for a variety of audiences
- Experience in creating logical frameworks for donor audiences
- Experience of learning and evaluation processes desirable
Skills and attributes
- Strong written and communication skills in English are required. French and German skills would be desirable.
- Highly organised. Ability to successfully manage a large volume of work, meet multiple deadlines, and responds with flexibility to unanticipated requests.
- Proactive attitude and the ability to write proposals with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and remotely. This role can be based remotely or in our East London office space.
- A deep commitment to and ability to uphold Greengrants’ mission, vision, and values.
Global Greengrants Fund UK is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter expressing your fit for the position and interest, and three writing samples of proposals or reports you have created for donors. If applications are incomplete, we will unfortunately not be able to consider them.
Apply via Charity jobs: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/grant-and-report-writer/721881?tsId=8