Organisation: TRAFFIC International (TRAFFIC)
Location: TRAFFIC International, Cambridge, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Reporting to: Senior Manager- Grants
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 February 2021
Type of contract: Fixed-term (23 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 22 December 2020
This position provides support to the management of Government Aid Agencies (GAA) projects, to ensure that the project teams operate effectively, on time and according to the donors’ requirements. The Project Support Officer will work closely with the GAA Project Managers, Administrators and wider project team. The Project Support Officer is a key contact point for implementation and reporting issues for the GAA projects.
• Reviewing, advising and negotiating on the terms of donor contracts and agreements
• Organising any necessary outgoing project funding agreements and arranging for the timely transfer of funds to TRAFFIC offices
• Advising the project team on the management of project finances, maintaining cash-flows and assisting with budget forecasts and liaising with the project team on a day-to-day basis
• Working with Project Managers and TRAFFIC implementing offices and staff to ensure the timely preparation and submission of project financial reports, project technical reports and any other financial documents required by donors, including review and quality control elements
• Liaising with the TRAFFIC Operations team on budget and contract coordination and troubleshooting
• Supporting as required the team on proposal development and proposal submissions
• Preparing for project audits including the collection and review of supporting documentation from the TRAFFIC offices.
• Coordinating with the project teams on day-to-day project administration including scheduling meeting, writing minutes and agendas and circulating reference material for preparation of meetings
• Attending training on projects Donor requirements and keeping up to date on Donor rules and regulations.
• Provide training and support on Donor project management practices and project implementation tools and procedures to project team staff.
• Any other duties relevant to the role
|• • Have relevant experience in project support for GAA projects and in particular the Government Aid Agency projects (USAID, DFID, EuropeAid etc.)
• Be educated to a university-degree level;
• Accredited finance training an advantage
• Fluency in written and oral English required;
• Good knowledge of MS Office computer software applications.
• Strong organisational and communication abilities, including attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently with remote oversight and under pressure and to set own work priorities as appropriate and a capacity to meet deadlines.
• Skills in project planning, implementation, and financial management.
• A willingness and ability to travel globally, occasionally to less developed countries and remote locations.
• Ability to work as part of a global team – occasional communications outside of regular office hours may be required due to coordination across time zones;
• Be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply via portal here: https://hrms.iucn.org/vacancy/5502