Virtual Conservation Work Placement
Replacing our highly rated in-person offer, the upcoming virtual work placement hosted by the Hengistbury Head Ranger Team, features fascinating insights into different themes of conservation work and career development.
Taking place during the week of the 14th December 2020, this opportunity is for people studying a conservation related discipline in the UK and has an application deadline of 27th November 2020
It will take place over Zoom and also include some group work looking at solutions towards a modern conservation problem.
For more information, please follow this link;
To apply, please follow this link;
- Developing a career in conservation; Simon Roper, Director of Ambios
- The importance of soft skills; Frances Jenkins, Careers and Industry Lead, Kingston Maurward College
- The importance of work placements and advice from a recent graduate; Elise Sutton, Reserve Warden, Natural England
- Managing at a Landscape Scale; Tom Munro, Dorset AONB Manager
- Self Employment in Conservation; Gareth Walters, Deeper Green Services
- Public Engagement & Citizen Science; Owain Master, Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust
- The importance of CPD to your career; David D'Souza, Director of Membership, CIPD
- Managing the Devon Biosphere Reserve; Andy Bell, Director UNESCO Biosphere
- Effective digital communications; Dr Stacy Wall, Lecturer at Bournemouth University
We also intend to make recordings of each session available after the week ends, for anyone within the sector who is interested in taking a listen