The Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) and the Caribbean Natural Resources Institute (CANARI), are inviting Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for small and large grants. Read on to learn more about this grant opportunity.
- Eligible Countries: Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Opening Date: Monday, 5 June 2023, 9:00 a.m. Washington, D.C. time.
- Closing Date: Monday, 24 July 2023, 11:59 p.m. Washington, D.C. time.
- Grant Size: Small grants - between US$5,000 and US$50,000. Large grants - US$50,000 up to about $300,000.
The call for proposals supports activities under Strategic Directions 1, 2, 4, and 5 of the ecosystem profile in the eligible countries. Projects should focus on the following:
- Combatting threats to biodiversity in priority Key Biodiversity Areas (KBAs) and for priority species.
- Building capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) through technical and institutional development, gender equity promotion, attention to vulnerable groups, and threats reduction for biodiversity conservation.
- Supporting information exchange, networking, mentorship, and coalition building among civil society organizations.
Call to Action
The conservation charity WildTeam specialises in building capacity and supporting networking exchange. We are looking to partner with an organsiation that is applying to lead on this grant application and who wants to work with us to help provide accessible, effective training and network support that leads to measurable impact.
From the listed areas of work under this grant, the following are those that WildTeam can deliver on as part of a partnership:
- Building capacity: WildTeam can provide training in conservation leadership, project planning, fundraising, managing environmental and social risks, monitoring and evaluation Adaptive management, Evidence-based conservation practice, ecosystem-based adaptation planning management and conservation action planning.
- Supporting information exchange: WildTeam can also help set up and manage networks at national, sub-regional, or regional levels.
If you are interested in discussing this further please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
All applicants must complete and submit an LOI before the deadline. The LOI should be prepared according to the established procedures and formats. You have the option to submit your LOI in either English or Spanish.
For large grants, the LOIs must be prepared and submitted through the Conservation Grants electronic portal. Please note that CEPF will not accept LOIs via email or any other mechanism. If you haven't used ConservationGrants before, you will need to register for a new account. In case you encounter any technical difficulties with ConservationGrants, feel free to email email@example.com for assistance.
Remember to carefully review the guidelines and requirements provided on the CEPF website, specifically the sections on eligibility, before you apply, and how to apply. If you have any questions or need clarification regarding your organization's eligibility or project concept, don't hesitate to reach out to Nicole Brown, the RIT manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting a well-prepared and timely LOI will greatly enhance your chances of securing the grant to support your efforts in conserving the biodiversity of the Caribbean Islands. Good luck with your application!