Below is a recording of the webinar teaching and learning in wildlife conservation. Topics covered:
- Why is high-quality adult teaching and learning in wildlife conservation important?
- What can trainers do to improve their own skills to help the conservationists they train to maximise their impact?
The panellists discussed these topics and also reflected on their own experiences as trainers. This was followed by a question and answer session.
- Lucy Tallents - Founder, Verdant Learn
- Stuart Paterson - Executive Manager, Conservation Leadership Programme
- Jamie Copsey - Director of Training, IUCN Species Survival Commission Conservation Planning Specialist Group
- Meaza Demissie - Program Manager for Science Professional Development and Capacity Building programs, The Nature Conservancy, America
- Helen Gath - Conservation Training Officer, Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Mark O’Connell - Organiser of the international capacity building conferences and Senior Lecturer at University of Gloucestershire
A big thanks to the panellists for sharing their wisdom and insight on this topic.
Thanks also to Mac and Thirza for helping with tech and generally making the session go smoothly.
We will soon be sharing a list of recommendations from the panel of books, websites etc.