Boka Kondua Dieuleveutresponsible for the sub-committee: Conservation of biodiversity and climate change of the NGO Kimbala Development., Kimbala Développement (K.D)
- Kimbala Développement (K.D)
- Member directory
- Congo (Democratic Republic of the)
About Boka Kondua Dieuleveut
I am an Agricultural Engineer in Natural Resources Management: Fauna and Flora from the University of Kinshasa. I did my academic internships respectively at the Congolese Institute for Nature Conservation (ICCN) where I was assigned to the zoological garden of Kinshasa, and at the National Institute of Study and Agronomic Research (INERA) at the station of Mvuazi in the province of Central Kongo.
I followed online training courses provided by the African Protected Areas and Conservation Program of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), where I passed online exams on protected area management in Africa and species conservation in African protected areas.
Currently, I am a volunteer member of the International Union for Conservation of Nature in the World Commission on Protected Areas, but also responsible for the commission: Conservation of Nature and Climate Change within the NGO Kimbala Development.
Following the World Youth Summit of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) in April 2021 in which I participated; under my initiative and some African comrades from other countries, we are in the process of setting up a Conservation Network of Endemic Biodiversity of Africa (CNBEA) whose main objectives are the following:
- To create an active solidarity around the conservation of the endemic biodiversity of Africa;
- Establish a space for sharing knowledge, opportunities, common challenges and innovations around the conservation of Africa's endemic biodiversity;
- To constitute a representative network of lobbying for the conservation and the research of the endemic species of Africa;
- Valuing Africa's endemic biodiversity through the promotion of ecotourism;
- To promote African traditional knowledge on the conservation of Africa's endemic biodiversity;
- To promote environmental education.
In addition, I am the designer of a project whose reference theme is: the study of the impact of human activities on the African manatee and its natural habitat. This project suffers from a lack of funding to date. I have also completed a thesis entitled: chronological analysis of daily rainfall as an indicator of climate change in the city of Kinshasa.
Which category below best describes the type of organisation you currently work for/or run?
Areas of expertise
Would you be willing to be approached and share your lessons learned in your area(s) of expertise with our community?
Forestry Technician, Department of Forestry, Ministry of Forestry & Natural Resources
Marta Villasán Barroso
Biodiversity Conservation Biologist , Ecoenergías del Guadiana / Fauna&Vida NGO / SEO BirdLife
Thanks for sharing, @Boka Kondua Dieuleveut!
you're welcome !
Thank you so much for sharing @Boka Kondua Dieuleveut
Be my guest !